Back in November of 2021 IcyDock was kind enough to send me a ToughArmor MB839SP-B for review. At the time I was “upgrading” my server. I put “upgrading” in quotes because I went from a Mini ITX board with a 3rd gen Core i7 to a workstation ATX system in a SilverStone CS380 case running a 4th gen Core i7. Being the author of mergerfs I’ve experimented with a few setups and the CS380 just seemed better than my previous one.
During a sale I bought an Anker Soundcore Motion+. The idea was to use it as a computer speaker. I wasn’t sure when I ordered it if I would use it via Bluetooth or AUX. Once it arrived I found that when plugged in to charge the speaker had horrible noise when AUX was used. If you disconnected the USB cable it had a very low hiss but that nothing out of the ordinary.
Yet another MacroSilicon based capture device. Ordered this after my original one died. Appears to be the same chipset just in a new form factor. This form factor is much nicer as it doesn’t take as much room at the plug so you don’t need to take up as much space or get an extension. The device also seems to run cooler though it doesn’t appear to be using the aluminum shell as a heatsink.
Version 2 of a widely sold and inexpensive USB2 HDMI capture device. Differences: “Coffee” colored metal casing small heatsink on the MacroSilicon chip PCB layout updated (additional power safety?) They are otherwise the same. Use the same chipset. As reported by Linux (5.4.0-40-generic on Ubuntu 20.04): Manufacturer: MACROSILICON idVendor=534d idProduct=2109 bcdDevice=21.00 Mfr=1, Product=0, SerialNumber=0 The uvcvideo and hid-generic drivers output the following: [2155922.389360] uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device USB Video (534d:2109) [2155922.
In April 2020 I ordered a capture device that some had said was a reasonably priced 1080p60 USB3 capture device. It showed up July 5th. Since there appears to be a lack of information on the device online I’ll document what I find here for others. As reported by Linux: Product: eEver USB Device Manufacturer: eEver SerialNumber: 20000130041415 idVendor=1e4e idProduct=701d bcdDevice= 1.00 Mfr=6, Product=7, SerialNumber=3 The device, while being advertised as being USB3; having a blue USB port; and using a USB3 A to A cable, it is NOT seen as a USB3 device.
UPDATE2: Was sent a replacement device which is updated slightly from the original. UPDATE1: My device died. I left it plugged in and OBS active overnight and it was dead in the morning. Got very hot. Possibly overheated and fried itself. It no longer registers at all. A widely sold and inexpensive USB2 HDMI capture device. As reported by Linux (5.4.0-40-generic on Ubuntu 20.04): Manufacturer: MACROSILICON idVendor=534d idProduct=2109 bcdDevice=21.00 Mfr=1, Product=0, SerialNumber=0 The uvcvideo and hid-generic drivers output the following:
tl;dr Is there a way, besides brute force calculation, to solve the following where you know the function inputs, don’t know the function, and don’t care about the output besides needing certain inputs to have the same output and preferably to be within a certain range? Similar to a perfect hash but perfect in regard to the relation between input and output rather than no collisions in the output. f(a0) = x f(a1) = x f(a2) = x f(b0) = y f(b1) = y .
UPDATE: See https://3dodev.com/software/sdks To help facilitate 3DO homebrew development I’ve been working to provide better access to 3DO build environments, tooling, and information. This first release is a QEMU PPC system based MacOS9 environment with the 3DO SDK installed along with other relevant tools. This package includes example start scripts for QEMU and 3 images (a base image, a snapshot to keep the base clean, and a scratch pad drive image) and you should be ready to go immediate after booting.
Turns out the pogo pins on the X1 Tablet keyboards (gen 1,2 & 3) are just USB. 6 pins. 2 NC (not connected) and 4 standard USB [red (+5v), white (data+), green (data-), black (gnd)]. Thanks to cc9cii over on the /r/thinkpad subreddit we now have the pinout for the Gen1, Gen2, and Gen3 keyboards. The Gen1 and 2 are the same with 2 staggered rows of 3 pins and the Gen3 is 1 row of 6.
I wrote this tool a while back and posted it up on github but never advertised it. I’m a bit of a data hoarder and as a result have had to deal with dying harddrives many a times. I never found dd or badblocks to be as useful as I’d like and certainly not safe enough. On more than one occasion I’ve fat fingered the overwriting of a good drive after the OS decided to change the device name of a drive I was working on.